Collins COBUILD English/Spanish Student Dictionary is designed for intermediate Latin American learners of English.
Key features include:
- The dictionary is based on a huge database of text, both written and spoken, called the Bank of English TM, which contains over 650 million words, accounting for over 90% of the language.
- Over 3,000 frequently used English words from the Bank of English TM Use of full English sentences in the definitions, giving learners much more than the meaning of the word they are looking up, and also contain information on usage, register, typical context, and syntax Detailed account of the main uses and meanings of each words, along with information about alternative spellings.
- Thousands of examples taken from the Bank of English TM, showing typical patterns of use and grammatical structure, which enabling learners to write better English as well as understanding English better.
- Built-in American English pronunciations of head words in real native voice Usage notes give additional information about how words are used, and help to clarify important distinctions in usage and in grammar.
- Quizzes embedded to enforce English learning, and add fun into the learning process (Needs Internet connection after 10 sets of questions and to submit score).
- Bookmarks allows personal notes on searched words enabling you to better organize and centralize learning resources Cross search functions allowing you to find out exactly what you want to know without any hassle by jumping anywhere between head words and explanations.
- History to let you easily keep track of searched words